skip to content
welcome to the
|If you were redirected here, please update your bookmarks
Current Spotlight Article
Our Top 10 Most Popular Topics
- Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu
itto, kodachi and nito sets (Miyamoto Musashi's school of strategy)
- Our recommended reading
list with ratings and short reviews
- An introduction to Iaido
aimed at the prospective student.
- A book review featuring drawings of Katori
Shinto ryu iaijutsu
- History and kata descriptions from Uchida
ryu Tanjojutsu (walking stick fighting)
- History of Shindo Muso ryu Jodo,
kata and techniques of ZNKR Jodo
- History and illustrated kata descriptions of Tamiya
- Illustrated explanation of iai katas from Shinkage
- Illustrated explanation of Muso Shinden ryu okuden
- illustrated explanation
of all 12 ZNKR Iaido kata
Our Top 5 most unjustly ignored pages
- A script that converts between shaku-sun-bu
and the metric system (and now also to inches!)
- An illustrated review of Pierre Delorme's
- Tachi uchi no kurai (Muso jikiden Eishin ryu standing
sword practice with partner).
- The misunderstood effect of fullers, bloodgooves,
hi, ... on the weight and stiffness of swordblades.
- The Satsuma Biwa an interview with Ueda Junko.
You may also be interested in my other sites,
which include a photo gallery with
lots of arms and armour pictures, and the Dragon
Preservation Society, dedicated to European martial arts.
Kampai Budokai unites budoka from various martial arts clubs located in Ternat
(Belgium). It was founded one morning after numerous rounds of beer, for a
rather unclear purpose. This website attempts to reflect that philosophy of
the Kampai Budokai.
The characters for 'Kampai' literally mean 'dry' (kawaku) and 'drinking cup'
(sakazuki). If you don't empty your cup first, you won't get a refill here!
hosted by truefork.org