Sites that seem gone or moved without notice will be removed in time (please notify us about broken links)
Other sites by me
- www.truefork.org links to all my sites including Hajime and the Dragon Preservation Society.
FAQs and other starting points
- ABKF for Iaido, Jodo and Kendo in Belgium
- World of Judo and Jujutsu another nice site with some articles by Steve Cunningham
- Shotokan Planet I particularly like the "heresy" section.
- Japanese sword faq
- Internet Virus Hoaxes because I don't want to get any more hoax virus warnings.
- Knots on the Web tying knots, not presented as a martial art, but useful anyway :-)
- No-Nonsense Self-Defense by Marc "Animal" MacYoung
Online Journals etc
- Koryu Books most excellent resource by ex-Aikido Journal-editor Diane Skoss
- Electronic Journals of Martial Arts and Sciences a growing list of interesting articles
- Aikido Journal Online the new AJ site
- AikiWeb I think it qualifies as online journal.
- Aikido Today Magazine
- Guelph Iaido, home of the Iaido newsletter
- Furyu: The Budo Journal Wayne Muromoto's journal. Check his other sites too (some rare Dave Lowry material there).
- HACA - The Historical Armed Combat Association has some rare resources, and is updated often.
- IHS Home Page International Hoplology Society
- The swordforum originally focussed on "highlander" katanas, but now includes a variety of sword topics. Has reviews of sword products.
- E-Budo.com The Internet's Source for Japanese Martial Arts and Culture Well organised discussion forums.
- The Academy of European Medieval Martial Arts (AEMMA)
Some sites about Japan
- Dave Aldwinckle's essays on living in Japan as gaijin, not always a sunny experience
- Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township
- Japanese Language online Japanese/English English/Japanese dictionnary and some language essays
- Basic Terms of Shinto
- Cyber Shrine part of the Electric Samurai
- Oomoto a site on the shin shukyo founded by Nao Deguchi
- History of Japanese Costume
- Taiko (drums)
- Anime Web Turnpike a great and well-ordered link collection on Japanese animation
- Web Resources for Japanese Food
- Bonsai Forum
- Japan Reference Page
Japanese swords and related hardware
- Sword.ne.jp a site in English about "swinging the Japanese sword"
- So what is a tsuba?
- Grey Company Trebuchet Page magnificent siege engines
- The Arador Armour Library
Clubs, organisations and individuals with interesting sites
- The Meishin Kyudojo Homepage kyudo website maintained by Dan and Jackie DeProspero. Consider getting one of their books
- Shinkendo Hombu page of Toshishiro Obata's system
- Shindo Muso ryu Jodo (Rick Polland's organisation)
- Martial Arts and Ways links page by Tom Bolling and home of the Kenyu newsletter
- Yoshioka Sensei's Aikido Aikido in Hawaii.
- Daito Ryu Aiki Bujutsu Fuji Yama Dojo
- TAKUMAKAI Takeda Sokaku's school at Asahi
- British Aikido Association is mostly about Tomiki Aikido.
- Jiyushinkai Aikibudo nice pages from C. E. Clark's dojo, interesting essays and pictures.
- Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu would a real ninja deny to be a ninja, or claim to be a ninja to avoid suspicion of being a real ninja?
Note about the Kampai Budokai Hot Site Award:
In the previous incarnation of this website, we used to grant awards to websites that we felt were informative, well designed, and likely to increase our traffic. However, the award was so successful that we were unable to keep up with all the requests, which probably disappointed the people who submitted their site and made us feel bad. So we regretfully announce that the granting of the award is officially discontinued. Thank you for your interest and support.